Protective Orders

    Any person who has been abused and has reason to fear for his or her safety and is a:

  1. Family member of the abuser

  2. A person presently or formerly living with the abuser as a spouse

  3. A person who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the abuser can ask the court for protection from an abusive person by filing a Petition for Protective Order.

You can file a petition for protective order for yourself or on behalf of children or both. You can also file this petition on behalf of an incompetent person who is not capable of filing for him or herself due to a medical or mental disability.

Protective Order Forms

Visit Forms to view and or download Protective Order Forms.

If you need help, there are deputy clerks trained to assist you at the St. Tammany Parish Clerk’s Office and the Washington Parish Clerk’s Office.