The goal of the 22nd JDC Pre-Trial Services Program is to give people an opportunity get much needed mental health and/or substance use treatment services. In order to accomplish this, we have screeners available to screen individuals for the program shortly after arrest in both the St. Tammany Parish and the Washington Parish Jails.
Once identified as a potential recipient of services, one of our licensed assessors will meet the individual and conduct a general biopsychosocial assessment. From this, the assessor will refer the individual to needed services and possibly recommend them to one of the 22nd JDC Specialty Courts. We also have aftercare services available to those who have graduated from one of our Specialty Courts in the past 6 months.
Requirements to Participate:
- Must be a resident of St. Tammany or Washington Parishes
- Must have a misdemeanor or felony criminal case before the 22nd JDC
- Must agree to an assessment so that we may direct you to appropriate services
- Must be between arrest and adjudication phase of your case or have graduated from a specialty court in the past 6 months.
- Mental Health treatment
- Substance Abuse treatment:
- Inpatient treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP)
- Outpatient Treatment (OP)
- Peer Support Services
- Medically Assisted Treatment
- Medication management
- Case Management
- Assistance for Veterans
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Aftercare services for those who have graduated from a specialty court in the past 6 months
For more information, please contact our Specialty Court Navigator: