Protective Order Hearing

Washington Parish Courthouse

    Any person who has been abused and has reason to fear for his or her safety and is a:

  1. Family member of the abuser or

  2. A person of the opposite sex presently or formerly living with the abuser as a spouse or

  3. A person who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the abuser can ask the court for protection from that abusive person by filing a Petition for Protective Order.

You can file a petition for protective order for yourself or on behalf of children or both. You can also file this petition on behalf of an incompetent person who is not capable of filing for him or herself due to a medical or mental disability.